Monday, April 14, 2008

Homework For Mouthourie Bolton For Monday April 14, 2008

On friday, all of the 9th grade girls stayed at school and talked about various subjects. Some dealing with boys, money, and qualities of a wealthy woman. These topics really helped me understand things better and change the way thtat I view things in life. Also, we talked about "Bourgiosie" and turned it from a negative to a positive statement. My group and I said such words as classy, trendsetter, independent, optimistic, and much more. When most people think of this word, they think of whore, skank, and other horrible words as well. But I believed that I learned so much just from that 8 hour experience on friday. We worked along with Ms. Kincade and Ms. Valerie and had fun, ate and watched a movie, which was "Dreamgirls".
Some of the important messages that were conveyed to me during the woman's conference was to not let anyone stop you from your dreams. Furthermore, that if you are a queen, and you act like a queen, then you will get treated like a queen. If you believe in yourself then everything will be alright. The most important message that hit me the most, was do not spend your time on one particular person, and do not chase after a boy let them chase after you. That was important to me because so many African American females spend so much of their time chasing after someone that does not really care about them or want them at all. If they come to you and they are patient, then you know that they are right for you. I wont even lye, I spent one time chasing after this boy who I realized did not accept me for me, and who really did not care for me. But when Ms. Kincade talked to me about this particular situation on Friday, this made me stand up stronger, and made me tell myself that I am better, and that I'm not chasing after anyone anymore longer, they are going to chase after me.
Having this meeeting on friday has changed my outlook tremendously. I know that if someone did not tell me the same thing once again, that I would probably fall in the same footsteps. I know now who I am and what my goals are in life. I really do look at some situations differently now, then before. Sometimes I must say that I need a helping hand myself, to understand things and grow from them. Hearing Ms. Kincade's stories that were somewhat similiar to mine, really gave me a wakeup call, and I thank her for that. Now for example, I have a whole new different outllook on boys, if they donnot chase after me and take their time with me, and also be honest and truthful, then they are not worth my time or my breath.
it is important for young men and women to meet and discuss isssues that they might have in life because it helps the body, spirit, and soul. Also, some people do not have a helping hand in life so they need someone else to guide them. Prior, when we as young people hear other peoples stories and similiar situations they have like us, it helps us even more. We sometimes feel as though most people cannot understand our situations or what we are going through, as well as we sometimes think that noone has been in a situation similiar to us so we need to have some type of encouragement to help us along the way. It is important for young men and women to have these meetings because it also helpes us really get to know the people around us and some of the things that they have gone through in life.
I knew about a lot of things that already, but I heasrd some of the things that we talked about on Friday before, and I just neeeded more of a bigger wakeup call. This woamn's conference has really helped me alot. I enjoyed every part of it and now I have a stronger understanding.

No comments: